Several years ago, I was hanging around with my Korean 'gourmet' friend. We were drunk and hungry. And he took me to the humble restaurant. We ordered 2 pint of beer and spring rolls. It was my first time to taste the spring roll. The springroll in that restaurant was really good.
I can't forget the springroll in that restaurant even now.
Agree with me or not, I think springroll and beer are the perfect match!
I highly recommand you to hang around with 'springroll gourmet' friend.
Following is the recipe of Kimchi Springroll
1/4 lb. kimchi
1/4 lb. shrimp
1/4 lb. squid
3 shiitake mushroom(Pyogo mushroom)
2 tsp sherry
2 tsp smashed spring onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp soy saucesalt, pepper to taste
15 rice paperscooking oil
1. rinse the kimchi with fresh water and squeeze
2. soak the shiitake (Pyogo) mushrooms for 20 minutes and squeeze the water out
3. rinse the shrimp, squid with salty water and remove the shell & intestines
4. smash the kimchi, mushrooms, shrimp and squid
5. mix the sherry, onion, garlic, soy sauce, salt and pepper
6. mix all 4 ingredients with marinade
7. soak the rice papers with the hot water and wrap the marinated ingredients
8. sizzle the spring roll with cooking oil